Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Empty-Nest / Middle Age - Day 2

It's been two days now since our son and his girlfriend moved out, and one day since I turned 45. So far, so good. Had an amazing dinner out with my hubby and well, it was just nice to be Us. :)

Felt really weird today though buying so little at the grocery store. Actually skipped an entire aisle, and saved about $100! We have plans to meet with 'the kids' on Wed. (they don't work that night) to have a bday/Mother's day get together - should be nice but maybe a little weird? Have to see. I think it's a good thing I'm going away soon and will be too too busy to miss them too much.

Trying hard to avoid going in to the university these days. This time between regular session and summer session the place feels like a ghost town. Do have to take care of last details for the field course I'm doing. A week today I'm in Venice! I'm quite nervous actually about running this first week of the first cultural landscapes field course - ever. So much could go wrong; and I'm sooo detail oriented. Just have to remember to relax and enjoy and roll with it as things unfold. Basically be more Italian than Canadian :) Thank God I had the foresight to travel a couple of days ahead. I should be acclimated by then. Hopefully the weather improves. The current 5-day forecast is rain, rain, rain, rain, and more rain. Yippee. I mean yes, there is a lot of water in Venice. I would prefer however that it not all be falling on our heads :(

So here's to the next adventure, soggy as it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment