Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The more things change...

The more things change ... they are different? (Profound eh?) Wow what a ride the last few weeks have been. I find myself more and more perplexed by the motivations of the people around me. Well that's not fair - perplexed by those that can't seem to keep themselves from making choices / behaving in ways that seem to be at best counter-productive and at worst, not in anyone's best interest, especially theirs.

Passive-Aggressive Man apparently went away for not only term break but another week on top of that in order to perfect the aggressive part of his nature. Yippee. So much for the tactic of steady but polite pressure as a means of getting P-A Man to maybe oh I don't know - make a decision? give a crap? Sigh...where frustration had moved to sympathy it is now rapidly moving to disdain. And not just for me. There may actually be a band of folks in my unit who've had enough and want to see some change asap. Feeling a bit like I'm at the start of a coup d'etat...

On the family side of things...is it that 'pride go-eth before the fall' OR 'pride causes the fall'? Still can't wrap my head around why Mother Dear would chose to move to a tiny (REALLY tiny) geared-to-income seniors apartment in the same neighbourhood she lived in when her marriage of 30 years ended (which is also auto-suburbia with truly crap bus service and nothing really to walk to and she doesn't drive - can you say isolation) when there are options available to her from her own children (aka ME) to live in a lovely apartment condo in a nice neighbourhood close to all sorts of amenities and family - which we would buy for her - in our city OR hers. Gah - my boy cares enough when I'm older to look after me a bit, I'm taking it. It's the only way I can collect on any of the approximately $8 million we agree he owes me at this point  :-)

So - to whomever up there/out there is listening - what is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment